What to Expect During Construction
> The $50-million project is the largest in Calvert Memorial Hospital’s history. When complete, one-fourth (76,485 square feet) of the hospital will be new or rebuilt
As construction begins at Calvert Memorial Hospital (CMH) later this year, we want to make sure that everyone is aware of the changes that will affect certain areas – such as entrances, waiting areas and parking.
The $50-million project enabling CMH to convert to private patient rooms is set to break ground in mid-September and take approximately three years to complete. "By 2020, our community will have access to a state-of-the-art facility that allows for enhanced patient safety, patient satisfaction and operational efficiency," said President and CEO Dean Teague.
We’ve taken steps to minimize the impact wherever possible and apologize for any inconvenience you may experience due to the construction.
||FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
The main entrance will close beginning late summer and not re-open until December 2020.
- The Emergency Department (ED) entrance will serve as the entrance to the hospital.
- The Same Day Surgery waiting area will be relocated to the Diagnostic Imaging waiting area. Patients should enter through the ED.
- The hospital gift shop will be relocated to the hospital basement (same level as the cafeteria).
- Free valet parking is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of the Medical Office Building which is close to the ED entrance via outdoor and indoor walkways.
- If you prefer to park your own car, keep an eye out for our guest shuttle to transport you to any building on the hospital campus.
- Volunteers will be available in the ED main entrance to help you find your way.
Image Gallery / Renderings
*Calvert Memorial Hospital thanks you in advance for your patience while we work to connect you to a healthier tomorrow.