Our chief goal at Calvert Gastroenterology is to constantly improve our ability to meet the needs of our patients in Southern Maryland. Among other things, we actively pursue advance training as we seek to introduce new techniques and expand our services for all our patients. Here are some of the key steps we’ve taken to provide you with the highest possible level of care.
- Highly responsive to urgent/emergent patient needs and strive to schedule as early as possible based on input from primary care physician.
- Maintain close communication with our referring partners and keep them informed by regular follow-up notes.
- Screening colonoscopies can be scheduled with just a phone questionnaire, without the need in most cases to see the doctor beforehand, unless requested.
- Very high precancerous polyp detection rates, which are measured according to a standardized approach.
- Perform advanced therapeutic procedures like ERCP for pancreas and gallbladder ducts, stent insertion in the GI tract and removal of large polyps in the colon. (Provide a second opinion service for these polyps that have been deemed unreachable through the scope by other GIs and have been referred for surgical removal.)
- Provide video capsule endoscopy in the office to evaluate the small bowel.
- Only GI practice in Southern Maryland performing hemorrhoid banding ligation in the office.
- The group now offers transnasal endoscopy, a new kind of office-based endoscopy that requires no sedation and allows a much quicker recovery than the conventional method through the mouth.