Calvert Physician Associates is proud to offer our community access to a broad network of highly skilled primary care and specialty providers. Our board certified physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants are dedicated to bringing quality care to the residents of Calvert County and southern Maryland. Our primary care providers are located throughout Calvert County and our specialty providers are all conveniently located on the campus of Calvert Memorial Hospital.
- Carefirst BCBS
- Carefirst BCBS HMO**
- Care Improvement Plus
- Maryland Physicians Care**
- MDIPA HMO**
- Medicare Railroad
- NCPPO (Unicare)
- One Net PPO
- Optimum Choice**
- PHCS MultiPlan
- Johns Hopkins Priority Partners**
- Tricare Standard and Prime
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare HMO**
- United Healthcare Community Plan**
If your insurance is not listed above, please contact Calvert Physician Associates Billing Office at 410-414-4555.
**Medicaid Insurance and HMO Products – Designated Primary Care Provider
Certain Medicaid and HMO products (noted with ** on the above list) require that the patient designate a primary care provider at the time of enrollment. The name of the designated provider is printed on the insurance card. The following Calvert Physician Associates (CPA) providers participate in these programs and may be designated as the primary care provider:
Charles W. Bennett, MDCarol Boehm, CRNPJ. Michael Brooks, MDMichelle A. Folsom, MDJulia Garrity, CRNPI. Monet Ouwinga, MDM. Novella Papino-Higgs, MDLacy T. Pitman, CRNP
Christine Rawlings, CRNP
If a patient with any of the Medicaid and HMO products listed above have a designated primary care provider other than those available by CPA, they will be considered ‘self-pay’ and will be responsible for payment of the entire fee at the time service is provided. Fees for self-pay patients are the contracted Medicare allowed amount for the service provided.
All providers in the Calvert Physician Associates network treat non-insured patients on a self-pay basis. We offer several options for non-insured patients who choose to self-pay:
- Self Pay patients are charged the contracted Medicare allowed amount for the service provided. We accept cash, check, debit card and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express).
- A Sliding Fee Scale may be available to qualifying patients after a financial consultation.
- Maryland Health Exchange helps qualifying Calvert County residents find primary health care insurance. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm and can be reached at 443-404-5761.
Special Consideration for Workers Compensation and Automobile Accident Claims
Patients seeking coverage under a qualified Workers Compensation or Automobile Accident insurance claim must schedule follow up appointments with a CPA primary care provider and provide claim information to the provider at the time of the appointment.