We know the last thing you want to do on the way home is make another stop.
That’s why we’ve partnered with Walgreens to bring your prescriptions right to your bedside prior to leaving the hospital.
Our patients appreciate the convenience of Bedside Medication Delivery but studies show that it also increases medication compliance and reduces avoidable readmissions. Data suggests that one-third of patients being discharged never get their prescriptions filled.
The CMH Bedside Medication Delivery program operates Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Here’s how it works:
• Walgreens is notified of patient discharge
• Dedicated Walgreens representative gathers patient info & scripts
• Prescriptions are processed
• Payment is arranged with patient or caregiver
• Medication instruction is offered
• Medications are delivered to patient’s bedside
• Patient receives follow-up call from pharmacist 48 hours after discharge