Visits from family and friends can be an important part of your hospital stay. But, please remember that you are here to rest and get well. Too many visitors can be tiring and slow your recovery. We encourage you to choose a support person who can be with you and can help exercise your visitation rights in the event you are unable to do so.
With the exception of the behavioral health unit, CMH offers open visitation 24 hours a day in accordance with the guidelines listed below. There may be, however, times when the hospital may impose restrictions or limitations for justified clinical reasons.
General Visitation Guidelines:
Medical Surgical Units
- Generally up to two visitors per patient.
- Children are permitted but restrictions may be imposed to aid in the control of communicable diseases for immune compromised patients.
- A parent or family-authorized adult is encouraged to stay with pediatric patients.
- Patients in AFB isolation are restricted to two visitors at a time and no children.
Transitional Care Unit
- Open visitation
- Restrictions only applied in special circumstances
Hospice/Terminally Ill Patients in Any Unit
Visitors permitted at any time and family members/significant others may stay overnight
Intensive Care Unit
Generally one or two immediate family members or support persons at a time
Same Day Surgery
One visitor per patient
Behavioral Health Unit
One to two visitors at a time with patient and/or parental permission.
Monday – Saturday 6:30 – 7:30pm
Sunday and (all major holidays) 2:00 -3:30 and 6:30 – 7:30
However, there may be times when these hours will be restricted due to patient care.