What to Bring
You are invited to bring personal items to help you feel more comfortable during your stay. However, please be courteous of others if you are sharing a room. CMH is not responsible for lost personal articles, so we recommend that you leave valuables in a safe place at home.
You should bring:
- A list of all medications, including herbal supplements and vitamins (Use the “Master Medication List” at the back of this book as your guide).
- A copy of any Advanced Directives you have prepared which will assist the physicians in making sure we comply with your healthcare decisions
- Toiletries (You will receive an admission kit which includes a toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion and soap).
- Essentials such as dentures, eyeglasses, hearing aids, walkers or canes and prosthetics. Please label these items if possible. The hospital is not responsible for lost personal articles.
- Personal clothing items such as a robe, slippers and pajamas or gown are optional.
- If staying overnight, you may wish to bring a small amount of cash to pay for miscellaneous items (from the gift shop, etc). We recommend no more than $20 cash.
- Although some will be provided for you, you are also welcome to bring an extra pillow or blanket from home.
- If you have sleep apnea, you can bring your own CPAP machine.
Please do not bring:
- Electrical appliances such as hairdryers, radios or electric razors
- Jewelry or other valuables such as credit cards
- Personal papers