Before You Deliver
||"The Birth Center tour was great. They showed us where to check in. We got to meet the staff and see how nice the rooms are," said Therese Gutman of Hollywood pictured here with daughter Emerson.
|| If you would like to see the Family Birth Center before your baby is born, tours are offered on the third Sunday of each month at 2 p.m. (Meet in the registration area of the Emergency Department)
What to Bring
For the mother, the Family Birth Center will provide a hair dryer, soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste. Baby is provided with a starter kit of diapers and wipes. When you check in, please bring the following items:
- Personal items-hairbrush, shampoo, deodorant, makeup, etc.
- Nightgown, robe and slippers
- Nursing bra if breastfeeding or a support bra if bottlefeeding
- Clothes to wear home
- Pillow or blanket if you prefer your own
- CDs if you wish to play music during labor
- Your infant car seat already secured in your vehicle
- Your baby book for baby's footprints
- Weather appropriate clothes for baby plus a blanket in cool weather