The rehabilitation phase of any illness or injury is just as important as the initial treatment. The Rehabilitation Services Department at Calvert Memorial Hospital offers a wide range of therapies on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Our physical and occupational therapists are licensed/registered in their specialty. They work closely with each other and our physicians to ensure that each patient receives the most appropriate and highest level of care.
Our physical therapists provide:
- Amputation and prosthetic management
- Muscular/skeletal pain management
- Orthopedic and back rehabilitation
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Reconditioning and strengthening
- Wound care
- Crutch training
Our occupational therapists provide:
- Adaptations and compensatory training for daily tasks
- Arthritis management
- Energy conservation/joint protection training
- Hand and upper extremity rehabilitation and splinting
- Self care and daily activity retraining
- Wheelchair and seating recommendations
Ongoing outpatient physical therapy (including aquatic therapy) can be provided by Calvert Physical Therapy & Sports Fitness Centers, which are affiliated with Calvert Memorial Hospital.
Calvert Physical Therapy has five convenient locations in Calvert County: Dunkirk, Chesapeake Beach, Prince Frederick North, Prince Frederick South and Solomons.