Payment and Insurance Information
- Carefirst BCBS
- Carefirst BCBS HMO**
- Federal BCBS
- JAI Medical Systems
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Johns Hopkins USFHP
- Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage Plan
- Johns Hopkins Priority Partners**
- Kaiser (Specialsts only)
- Kaiser Medicaid MCO (Specialists only)
- Maryland Physicians Care**
- MDIPA HMO**
- Medicare Railroad
- One Net PPO
- Optimum Choice**
- PHCS MultiPlan
- Tricare Standard and Prime
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare HMO**
- United Healthcare Community Plan**
If your insurance is not listed above, please contact Calvert Physician Associates Billing Office at 410-414-4555.
**Medicaid Insurance and HMO Products – Designated Primary Care Provider
Certain Medicaid and HMO products (noted with ** on the above list) require that the patient designate a primary care provider at the time of enrollment. The name of the designated provider is printed on the insurance card. The following Calvert Physician Associates (CPA) providers participate in these programs and may be designated as the primary care provider:
Sylvia Batong, MDCharles W. Bennett, MDCarol Boehm, CRNPJ. Michael Brooks, MDMichelle A. Folsom, MDJulia Garrity, CRNPCraig Jeschke, MDChristina McPheeters, CRNPI. Monet Ouwinga, MDM. Novella Papino-Higgs, MDKeyonna Proctor, DOLacy T. Pitman, CRNPMelissa Stoner, MD
If a patient with any of the Medicaid and HMO products listed above have a designated primary care provider other than those available by CPA, they will be considered ‘self-pay’ and will be responsible for payment of the entire fee at the time service is provided. Fees for self-pay patients are the contracted Medicare allowed amount for the service provided.
All providers in the Calvert Physician Associates network treat non-insured patients on a self-pay basis. We offer several options for non-insured patients who choose to self-pay:
- Self-Pay patients will be charged the full amount for the services that have been provided (physicals excluded). Discounts may apply; please see the receptionist at your CPA provider's office for information regarding any available discount programs.
- A Sliding Fee Scale may be available to qualifying patients after a financial consultation.
- Maryland Health Exchange helps qualifying Calvert County residents find primary health care insurance. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm and can be reached at 443-404-5761.
Special Consideration for Workers Compensation and Automobile Accident Claims
Patients seeking coverage under a qualified Workers Compensation or Automobile Accident insurance claim must schedule follow up appointments with a CPA primary care provider and provide claim information to the provider at the time of the appointment.